Click here for the latest on RunEatGossip »

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Die Running

Another case of sudden death from exercise!

Shocking that such occurrences seem to be appearing in our papers more and more often.

Maybe I be next? Last night doing intervals in the gym - on the 6th lap, was going dizzy and nearly fall off. Managed to finish the 7th and final 800 though and today still in one piece.

What is causing these deaths? According to reports, most of these people have an hitherto unknown heart condition. But then how to explain why some have been running and exercising for ages and then suddenly drop dead from a simple run.

Is there more to it than meet the eyes? Maybe some aliens choose only the fittest guy around and suck the life out of them? Maybe these people have a internal battery put in at birth or during surgery and the battery clonked out? How come only the guys dropoed dead? Why no ladies? Is this guy mad from running and writing rubbish?

Anyway, my sincere condolences to the family of the two recent departed. God bless their soul!

For me - it will be a fitting end to die running -- but not so soon - must live to see my children get marry first. According to the Death Clock my date of death will be 23 June 2036 another 31 years to go which will make me 74 when the Almighty Runner come for me. Hmm still a long way to go! Definitely can see the children get marry maybe even have grandchildren. But will I still be running then?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin