Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Taming the Shrew

If you can't beat em, join them. I suppose that what the Mrs decided after she failed to get me to stop running this whole year. Last week she shocked me by agreeing to join me for my morning run. Not even the mention of long distance, 10K, waking up at 6.30 am failed to deter her. So there we were at East Coast and she managed to finish the full 10k in a very respectable time of 1h 12m.

Not bad considering this was her first 10k run - the rest of the time only about 30mins on the threadmill, although she quite regular.

Then last week 2 rounds at Bedok Reservoir finishing the 8.6k in 1h 03mins. Threw her another invitation yesterday - Pierce Reservoir. She has been there many times - I run, she catch lobsters with the kids. This time, she ran too and we even go into the air con road to make it roughly 10k. Time taken: 1h 15m. Even when I chiong up the last slope, she gamely followed.

Now I have a companion to join me for my early run and less nagging. Must get her to run until can run up to 20k then can join me for the half.

I hope she don't get to read this though - especially the title of this page:)

2 comments:

  1. Die lah, write this kind of title?? Better buy flowers already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's why this blog is a secret from her. Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin