Click here for the latest on RunEatGossip »

Friday, March 20, 2009

Not An Usual Run

Last evening just immediately after the warm up for the RL run.

 The front runners had already took off towards the Esplanade side. The last three ladies were as usual taking their own sweet time to run off running parallel to each other along the wide promenade. Me as usual was still standing around. 

Then I heard a loud whack and looked up to see this guy running towards me. He had delibrately kicked at one of the ladies. I was stunned! I think the ladies had blocked his way and instead of giving them a wide berth, he had decided to bulldozed his way through and in the process aimed a kick at them!

By the time I realised what had happened he had ran past me. I shouted at him but he continued running. On hindsight and probably because it happened too fast, I should have chased him and kick him. 

Even if they had really blocked his way, there was no excuse as a fellow runner to kick anybody. What if she had fell and seriously injured herself on the hard pavement. 

Just don't let me see him again next week. This time round I make sure the whole gang will surround him and make him give a formal apology.

5 comments:

  1. That's horrible indeed, did you see the number tag??? Yes, kick his butt if you see him :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, such ugly ruffian behaviour emerges every now and then. Some inconsiderate runners also elbow or 'shoulder' their way against other runners in dangerous ways too. That guy needs to learn that such behaviour is unacceptable, even if he was having a bad day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shiong, he wasn't wearing a number tag since it was not a race. I think he was just running on his own.

    Hi Doc, Yah I am still sored at myself for reacting too slowly. Should have stopped him. I do admit sometime during a race, I will push through others who block the way but it is always with an 'Excuse me - coming through'

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is really disgusting. give him a shelling when ur running group sees him, if he ever dares to go that direction.

    Hope he is not that same senseless guy that threw thumb tacks along the bike leg at the Aviva 70.3 last Sunday.

    ugly humans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude.. unbelievable behaviour!! This was during the Running Labs run, right? Maybe you should give a better description so we can keep an eye out for him.

    I heard about the thumb tacks too. Why would anyone do that??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin