Click here for the latest on RunEatGossip »

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quest for Shoes 2

Continuing my quest to identify 2 more replacement shoes.

The next on the list to be replaced is the Saucony Grid Phoenix 3 These was bought only in July last year and to date has only got a mileage of 329km. Have never worn it in any races either but this is a pair of shoes that I enjoyed running in very much. The only problem with it is that it is half a size too small so I only wear it for short and easy runs with most of it on the Thursday Running Lab Run. I think I will go for another pair of Saucony and I am beoing the Progrid Jazz. Actually I don't think this is very suitable so why is this my choice? Because in comes in yellow color and I have decided to migrate from orange to yellow.

My very last pair of shoe with whom I have a love/hate 'relationship' is the Nike Lunar. It is the Nike Lunar that has convinced me that I can switch from stability shoes to cushioning shoes and I do not need the thick heels of the normal running shoes. The Lunar is by far the best cushioning shoes I have worn and coming from a previously non-Nike fan, this is really saying a lot about how Nike shoes have evolved. This Lunar has only seen 378km and was only acquired in August 2008 (courtesy of Nike sg) so why I am looking to replace it? It is because the 2 calluses on my 2 big toes are growing bigger every time I run in the Lunar. It was blisters initially but the skin has hardened so much that there is no more blisters only hard calluses. So regretfully I have to replace this. But with what? Maybe another Nike - the coming Nike LunarGlide perhaps? But do I want to wait?

Okay so why I am voicing out all these craps? Because I got a hope. A big fat hope, I hope not and that is? Maybe just maybe some kind soul out there from some footwear company is reading this and decide to sponsor the shoes. I promise to write nice review about them (even if it ain't true) ha ha ha....

1 comment:

  1. I need the Nike LunarGlide too. =)
    I promise I will write a good review on the shoes too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin