Click here for the latest on RunEatGossip »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

200 Sit Up 100 Push Up Challenge

Been doing weight training faithfully 3 - 5 times a week for the past 3 years. Recently have gotten into a rut or what the pro called plateau. The little bit of slacking here and there doesn't help but I know what I need to do to get out of it though. Increase the weight which I'm loathe to do since gaining bulk is not my objective and am also too stingy to buy more weights. Alternately, increase the intensity (reps) during each sets but then I am too lazy and don't want to commit to longer session.

So what's a lazy bum like me going to do to get out of this? How about this? 200 sit up and 100 push up challenge! I am already doing 300 sit up and 100 push up a day anyway so what's the big deal? Ha ha pride goes before a fall! So after a 1 week long break went and did the initial test. How did I fare? Push up first - hit 30 without problems and start to struggle a bit. Form still good but really struggled from 35 onward. Collapsed at 40. The sit up should be easier or so I thought. But this is standard crunch - no cheating and so after hitting 38 the burn became too much and died at 40. Damn jialat! What a disgrace!

Of course console myself that usually I do all my training in sets ie for sit up I break them into oblique, lower abs and upp abs and do 4 sets of 25 reps each and for push up I do 5 x 20 in various variations whereas for the challenge it is consecutive ie without break in between.

Anyway, based on the website - I am in rank 4 for push up and 'Good' for sit up. Not too bad still for an old fogey. So now I got 6 weeks to hit target. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. at least u are better than me!! jia you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys. It's tougher than I thought. Arms all jelly after the initial try.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin