Click here for the latest on RunEatGossip »

Friday, July 16, 2010

Aim at Nothing Hit at Nothing

Somebody asked me why I am so hard up for the sub-2. After all, he reasoned, it is not possible to always get a PB. There will be good days and bad days when the timing is good and there will be days when the running sucks. And I agree totally with him. Why is why I am not after a PB. In fact, I think I will never be able to achieve a PB for the half ever!

But what I hankered for is not a PB but a sub-2 half marathon finish. Why sub 2? Cause like retailers pricing their products at $1.99 rather than $2.00, it is so much more ‘egoalbe’ to say 1:59:59 than 2:00:00. But seriously I see it as some sort of QC. Like must be up to a certain standard otherwise factory reject. In my case, I choose 2 hours because I think it is just achievable, not too difficult to attain and yet not too easy.

So I need to work harder from now on. Since last year, I have been taking it easy and the results show in the slower time all round. So if I continue like this, I will not be achieving anything and will be like running in circle. After all, aim at nothing, hit nothing. So better to set a target and works towards it. At least that will spice up the running a bit and hopefully enable me to get back that elusive sub-2. And I got 2 more chances to do so before the end of the year.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Yo, kudu to you Chris, I have been slackening for the past two weeks or so after my overseas trip...me gonna start tonight....wish me luck ;'D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin