Click here for the latest on RunEatGossip »

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Kampong Chai Chee Valentine Day Run 2013

Normally I will not sign up for fun run especially if I have to pay for it.  There is really no reason for me to pay to run for fun when I am already doing that every time I put on a pair of running shoes. But then I went and sign up for this Valentine Run organised by Kampong Chai Chee Community Club. The registration fee was $10.00 and the distance, a short 4.3km round the Bedok Reservoir.

 
One thing about these type of grass-root organised event is that the "freebies" are really good. For $10.00 we got a bright fire engine red top, and breakfast of a cake from Polar Cafe, a banana, a pack of Milo and a bottle of mineral water. The ladies also receive a rose upon completion of the run.

 
 
But the truth was, I wasn't there for the "freebies". I was there for a more pragmatic reason. The lucky draw! I took part in the 2010 edition and remembered that the prizes were pretty good. So I reckoned that our chance of walking away with something was pretty good since there wasn't that many participants but plenty of prizes. On top of that, couples get an extra shot at the prizes plus a special draw for 6 set of Epson laser printer. Unfortunately for us though, lady luck deserted us today and we walked away with nothing. One lucky couple walked away with one of the printer and the top draw of an Apple voucher!

 
Oh well, maybe we come back next year and try our luck again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin