Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Light at the end of the tunnel?

I was at the URA Centre when I saw this exhibition. The first thing that strike me was this long long building model.


My immediate thought was shit, they gonna build buildings over the Green Corridor!

But on closer look, there was these small little signs place.

 Hmmm definitely something interesting here. So I took a closer look at the exhibition.

This is the Skyland for the Future Exhibition that is currently ongoing at the URA Buidling at Maxwell Road. Basically what this is about is building upwards and separating the living area from the "transport area" by building on top of roads and other open spaces. In another word, creating more land/space for the future. Maybe to meet the 6.9m population?


I don't know enough about architecture and buildings to comment more about this vision but I am excited that there is now some sort of official mention of biking/cycling. It will appear that the authorities have accept that there is space in Singapore for cycling and this is the blueprint for the future. Hopefully in a few years time when this pan out, Singapore can really be a cycling city.

So for my cycling friends, look like there is light at the end of the tunnel after all and one day, you might just be able to cycle all the way to work without having to brave the traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin