Click here for the latest on RunEatGossip »

Monday, December 19, 2011

First "Drive" Saucony Kinvara 1

.Finally took out the Saucony Kinvara which was bought almost a year ago for its maiden run. A lot of people have only good things to say about this shoe.  But my first impression wasn't too good. Maybe because I didn't lace it up properly and it felt loose. Maybe because I had inserted my own insoles instead of using the original insole. Or maybe the ground was wet after the rain and it being a new shoe, I didn't want to dirty it so was more conscious about my movement....


Managed to take it out for another spin on Saturday. This time with laces properly done up.

First impression, it was light, very light especially after wearing the Brooks Launch and the TNF Sentinel. But it was very comfortable more so I must say with the insoles.

But the insoles is slightly thicker than the original insoles and that I guess, while providing better cushioning reduces the ground feel. But in my current condition, I don't really have any problem with that and I enjoyed wearing the shoes. Just the right mix of cushioning and minimalist feel.

I think I will stick to this pair of shoe for a long time provided it last long enough.

Date of Purchase: 10 January 2011

Cost:  $102

Purchased from First B Marketing

Worn in Races:

Bali Marathon 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin