Pages

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Mid Day

It's lunch time and here I am in the office.

Just recovered from the flu attack. Growing old - used to get 1 cold a year now's it 3 times in 2 months and some more took almost a week to recover.

I guess when a person turns 40, or like me just touch 43, the body is no longer so agile, so fit and probably despite all the hard training - never the same as that of a 20 or even 30+ guy.

Only consolation is when I look at the number of runners who are older than me like Jafar, even BC, the old man at Tampines/Bedok Res etc who can run rings round me, I am inspired and so I shall press on. Sure I cannot turn back the clock but I shall try to keep at preventing it from going forward.

Wasted about the AHM otherwise this could have been a good LSD run. Reading the blogs of the other runners, it seems that everybody ran well. Good for them and keep it up all you runners out there.

Tonight will continue my training for the marathon. Target now is to do at least 30k every week according to the schedule. Hopefully, can find enough time to fit in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin