Pages

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Brooks Axiom 3

My third 'new' pair of shoes this month and this one came courtesy of a friend.


Photo from T@z's collection at run-to-live

Traded my Nike Lunar for his Brooks Axiom 3 on Thursday evening at the Running Lab run. Both of us immediately took our respective 'new' shoe for the run.

Initially, probably because I didn't do any adjustment to the laces, the toe portion was too lose and the instep too tight and it didn't feel very comfortable. But because I was running at a very easy pace with 2 newcomers, I couldn't really tell how good the cushioning was blah blah blah.

Anyway, took it out for a longer run this morning and this time inserted my insole, wore a pair of Wright double layer socks and adjusted the laces and this time it gave no problem at all. However, it felt heavy (I think quite obvious) after being having worn lightweight shoes for the past few runs. But I reckon this shoe should be just nice for my long runs.

Coming back to the trade, I think it is a good idea for runners to trade shoes which for one reasons or another is not suitable like in our case although I think he got a raw deal. His Axiom is in much better condition than the Lunar and has less mileage too. But it is better to trade than to dump it or leave it to rot.

Here are the reviews did by the original owner. Read them. Definitely more informative and useful than my one-liner.

national-day-2008-surprise-gift
Brooks Axiom vs Nike Air Zoom Elite
And his goodbye

Races: Nil
Retired: 10.9.2010
Mileage  689km (post T@z)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin