Pages

Monday, February 09, 2009

Injured Again

I think I need a new pair of legs.  This is getting too often.

Out of the blue, develop a sprain on the outer part of the left foot after Sunday run at Sengkang following the Newton Active Familiarisation run. There was no pain, no nothing and I don't recall stepping off any curb or into any hole. The route was smooth and  flat throughout. Even after the run at Sengkang CC there was no problem until while running back to the car, there was a pulling pain from the left foot.

After running through all the possible causes, I think the likely cuplrit is the Newton Motion trainer that I was trialling. It was a pretty old pair and probably totally worn out already. I recall seeing that the outer lugs had already worn off so that in effect I was probably landing on the outer side of the foot in a awkard sort of outward pronation and over the 10km, the impact caused the outer foot to break down in protest.

Sianz, I hope it is just a minor blip. Too lazy to go to the Chinese Sinseh and I have a race coming up this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin